caregiversandcaregivingforseniors




Caregivers and Caregiving Basics Webinar

Caregivers and Caregiving Basics is a Webinar about understanding this most important labour of love affecting many people in every communities.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *

Hi! Diane Hoffmann here…

When you think of caregiving, what do you see?

Who provides the caregiving?

How many types of caregiving and caregivers are there?

If you are a caregiver, which category do you fill?

These questions and more will be explored in length in the Caregivers and Caregiving Basics webinar provided to help you understand and prepare for this important phase of your life or the life of a loved one.

When it comes to this topic of Caregiving and caregiver, someone said that there are only four kinds of people in the world – those who have been caregivers, those who currently are caregivers, those who will be caregivers, and those who will need caregivers.

In other words, it affects all of us.

The goal of this webinar is to help you plan for this reality of life or clarify any questions you may have, whether it is for yourself or for a loved one who is entering or will be entering this new journey of life as a senior needing care.

Are you a caregiver?

You are not alone.  Most caregivers (90%) are people who care for needy seniors within family, friends or neighbours. The rest (10%) are found within professional senior facilities.

Our aging population is considered a ‘phenomenon’ in Canada. In the US and other countries it is similar in relative numbers.

The trend is essentially due to 2 factors:
-- a significant increase in longevity and
-- a significant decrease in the birth rate.

Right now, 1 out of 8 Canadians is a senior.  In the next few years, when the boomers reach a peak, it will be 1 in 5.

Soon there will be more Seniors looking after Seniors. For example junior seniors (about 60-80) will be helping senior seniors (80 plus) and may also still be helping their adult children or grandchildren. This can have a major impact on the finances and emotional challenges of these seniors.

In this webinar, we will cover the following:

  • As a caregiver (or caregiver-to-be), how would you describe yourself?
  • The two types of caregivers. Which one are you?
  • I will share my own experience as a caregiver.
  • What can you do if you find yourself overwhelmed with the task of caregiving?
  • 3 types of elder abuse.
  • 3 signs of elder abuse.
  • Do you need special skills to be a caregiver?
  • 6 results of caregiving –positive and negative -- for a family member and how to deal with the negative ones.
  • 8 resources to begin seeking information and getting answers and where to find the rest.
  • Some important statistics to help understand the seniors population.
  • What is the chronic and long-term health condition of our seniors?
  • What are the conditions most caregivers are concerned about?
  • 4 major health conditions most strongly identified with caregiving needs.
  • 4 signs of negative effects on the caregiver to watch for and what to do about it.
  • 3 factors that have the greatest effect on caregivers’ emotional state.
  • How to establish good communication and relationship with the person you care for.
  • How to set boundaries without hurting feelings.
  • How to deal effectively with difficult seniors.
  • What is the real challenge for the caregiver?
  • 8 points to remember from the caregiver’s viewpoint that will help improve communication.
  • 5 points to remember from the recepient’s experience that will help ease communication.
  • 5 principles and 1 golden rule that older adults consider core to their psychological well-being.
  • 3 important points from the caregiver’s experience to help easy the burden.
  • 15 resources to help caregivers with some of the caregiving load that will help plan and prolong the senior’s ability to remain in the community.
  • 1 importing but simple way to help caregivers organize their thinking and bring emotional relief.
  • Things to do to help navigate the availability of institutional facilities in your community for when the need arises.
  • 4 “legs” for the caregiver to stand on.

Who is this webinar for?
~ Caregivers
~ Care recipients
~ Boomers and Seniors interested in the subject


***Special Cost ***
The cost of these webinars is normally $39.94 *** BUT *** right now, for a limited time only you can save 50% if you buy NOW! So hurry and take advantage of this *** Special Temporary Offer*** now:

Your cost: only $19.97


***Satisfaction Guaranteed:***
If you are not fully satisfied, let me know within 7 days and tell me why. I will arrange for a refund right away.


So, here is the LINK to get started NOW!

.