Caregivers and Caregiving Basics Seminar
and Caregiving Basics is a Seminar about understanding this most
important labour of love affecting many people in every communities.
* * * * * * *
Hi! Diane Hoffmann here…
When you think of caregiving, what do you see?
Who provides the caregiving?
How many types of caregiving and caregivers are there?
If you are a caregiver, which category do you fill?
These questions and more will be explored in length in the Caregivers and Caregiving Basics seminar provided to help you understand and prepare for this important phase of your life or the life of a loved one.
it comes to this topic of caregiving and caregiver, someone said that
there are only four kinds of people in the world – those who have been
caregivers, those who currently are caregivers, those who will be
caregivers, and those who will need caregivers.
In other words, it affects all of us.
The goal of this seminar is to help you plan for this reality of life or
clarify any questions you may have, whether it is for yourself or for a
loved one who is entering or will be entering this new journey of life
as a senior needing care.
In this seminar, we will cover the following:
- As a caregiver (or caregiver-to-be), how would you describe yourself?
- The two types of caregivers. Which one are you?
- I will share my own experience as a caregiver.
- What can you do if you find yourself overwhelmed with the task of caregiving?
- 3 types of elder abuse.
- 3 signs of elder abuse.
- Do you need special skills to be a caregiver?
- 6 results of caregiving –positive and negative -- for a family member and how to deal with the negative ones.
- 8 resources to begin seeking information and getting answers and where to find the rest.
- Some important statistics to help understand the seniors population.
- What is the chronic and long-term health condition of our seniors?
- What are the conditions most caregivers are concerned about?
- 4 major health conditions most strongly identified with caregiving needs.
- 4 signs of negative effects on the caregiver to watch for and what to do about it.
- 3 factors that have the greatest effect on caregivers’ emotional state.
- How to establish good communication and relationship with the person you care for.
- How to set boundaries without hurting feelings.
- How to deal effectively with difficult seniors.
- What is the real challenge for the caregiver?
- 8 points to remember from the caregiver’s viewpoint that will help improve communication.
- 5 points to remember from the recepient’s experience that will help ease communication.
- 5 principles and 1 golden rule that older adults consider core to their psychological well-being.
- 3 important points from the caregiver’s experience to help easy the burden.
- 15 resources to help caregivers with some of the
caregiving load that will help plan and prolong the senior’s ability to
remain in the community.
- 1 importing but simple way to help caregivers organize their thinking and bring emotional relief.
- Things to do to help navigate the availability of institutional facilities in your community for when the need arises.
- 4 “legs” for the caregiver to stand on.
Who is this seminar for?
Local In-class Seminar
~ Care recipients
~ Boomers and Seniors interested in the subject
(Campbell River - Courtenay area):
***Special Cost ***
The cost of these seminars is normally $60 (bring a friend for 1/2 price, includes refreshments)*** BUT *** right now as a Fall special you can save 50% if you register NOW! The price will be going up later in the season as it gets busier.
So hurry and take advantage of this *** Fall Special Price*** by registering now and securing this special generous discount.
*** Summer Special Price: $30 ***
(Bring your spouse for ½ price)
Afternoon: 1 pm to 4 pm,
OR morning: 9am to 12 noon.
Date and location to be determined.
Click here to register NOW!
If you are not fully satisfied within the first hour, simply leave the seminar and request a refund at the entrance.